Question Motherboard resets 1 hour

Jan 24, 2021
So my motherboard just keeps resetting back exactly 1 hour behind normal time. I have no clue why but everytime i try and change it, it will work for like 1 hour or so and then it'll automatically switch back to being 1 hour behind, this happened with my old motherboard aswell and it was also brand new. Please help

Jan 15, 2021
So my motherboard just keeps resetting back exactly 1 hour behind normal time. I have no clue why but everytime i try and change it, it will work for like 1 hour or so and then it'll automatically switch back to being 1 hour behind, this happened with my old motherboard aswell and it was also brand new. Please help

Probably something wrong with CMOS, that is the battery of your mobo and keeps track of time. But make sure it isn't windows that's the issue before doing anything with the CMOS.

Jan 24, 2021
Probably something wrong with CMOS, that is the battery of your mobo and keeps track of time.
Yeah im aware but i feel like that isnt the problem because ive had 2 brand new motherboards and they both have had this problem... I havent tried replacing it because i dont feel like thats the problem because if cmos battery is dying wouldnt all of my other settings get reset, and also if the battery was dying it wouldnt set the time back exactly 1 hour, correct me if im wrong...

Jan 15, 2021
Yeah im aware but i feel like that isnt the problem because ive had 2 brand new motherboards and they both have had this problem... I havent tried replacing it because i dont feel like thats the problem because if cmos battery is dying wouldnt all of my other settings get reset, and also if the battery was dying it wouldnt set the time back exactly 1 hour, correct me if im wrong...

You got a point. It could be your windows.

If it is really bothering you then I would do a fresh install of windows or even just factory reset your current one.

What version of Windows, and are you current on Windows updates? There were a updates last year around daylight savings time changes (if you are in the U.S.).

In Windows 10, there is an option in date and time settings to turn off the auto update feature. You could just turn that off, so that it will stay at whatever you put it at.

Jan 24, 2021
What version of Windows, and are you current on Windows updates? There were a updates last year around daylight savings time changes (if you are in the U.S.).

In Windows 10, there is an option in date and time settings to turn off the auto update feature. You could just turn that off, so that it will stay at whatever you put it at.
Im on windows 10 home and im up to date on everything, i turned off "Adjust for daylight savings time automatically" and ill see if it helps with this problem...

Jan 24, 2021

Yeah so i logged on this morning and the time has reset once again by exactly an hour, do you guys know my problem?

Jan 24, 2021
"Set time automatically" and "set time zone automatically." Set both to off. Let us know if the issue continues.
Its been like 4-5 hours now and my time hasnt reset since so it might have fixed it. Ill keep you updated though... This is really on a temporary solution though because when the time changes again wont my time be wrong again? Do you guys know why it doesnt save my time in bios if i leave all of the automatic windows time settings on i just dont understand why windows is able to mess with the time in bios...

Its been like 4-5 hours now and my time hasnt reset since so it might have fixed it. Ill keep you updated though... This is really on a temporary solution though because when the time changes again wont my time be wrong again? Do you guys know why it doesnt save my time in bios if i leave all of the automatic windows time settings on i just dont understand why windows is able to mess with the time in bios...
Can you give us a general idea of your location? Either your timing is not updating with the servers that Windows checks with, or you are behind on Windows updates that had fixes when the most recent changes were made.

Jan 24, 2021
Can you give us a general idea of your location? Either your timing is not updating with the servers that Windows checks with, or you are behind on Windows updates that had fixes when the most recent changes were made.
South Carolina so its Central Time US & Canada. I'm completely up to date with windows updates, I've even factory reset and it makes no difference.

Do you have dual boot windows or linux installed due to that also and change time update server address windows shows 2 server check which keeps correct time.
Im not sure i have either linux or dual boot, all ive ever installed is windows 10 home. and changing the time servers makes no difference for me.