• Our team is working to address issues posting quotes or media to the forums. Please bear with us as we get this sorted out.

Question Motherboard ROG Strix Z490 - F gaming

Jul 22, 2021
Need help , my 8 month old motherboard is apparently destroying network adapters.

Couple days ago my internet just stopped working on my computer and tried everything to get it back ( new driver , old driver , updated bios , etc) and as final resort i went to get a network adapter and worked fine for maybe 3 hours and after that bam gone , i switched it to a different PCI port and atm its working fine . I tested the whole cable between the computer and modem and every pair is working fine . Any clue what causes this ?

Sorry for bad formatting english isnt my first language

I have warranty on the motherboard left but cant be without the computer for that long so will probably buy new motherboard if i cant find any fix for this.

Darkbreeze

Retired Mod
If you switched the same network adapter to a new slot, and it's working, then the problem is likely not that the board is damaging them, nor that there is a problem with the adapters themselves. It's likely you simply have an issue with THAT PCIe slot, and really it's not all THAT uncommon for this to happen from time to time regardless of board model. Also, make sure you have the most up to date CHIPSET drivers for your board installed on top of the latest drivers for the network adapter. Also, if you are going to use an add in adapter, I'd advise that you go into the BIOS and disable the onboard network adapter.

Then, wait to see if there are any further issues after having moved the adapter to a new slot. If I've misunderstood something, then please clarify with more in depth information.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS