Motherboard says CPU error

onenutmia

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017
I have a Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI (rev. 1.0) LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99 motherboard. After building this PC in 2016, I always got 5 short beeps after restart, but could find nothing in packaged documents on post codes. Nothing was wrong initially, so I didn't worry about it. This was my first Gigabyte motherboard PC. Then, for no reason to me, USB's in the back of the PC started to fail, or turn off. Right now, things that were tucked away in the back of my PC are now plugged into the front. I thought maybe those codes reflected some sort of motherboard error, but a quick Google search showed me it was a CPU error. Well, now I am thoroughly confused. Again, nothing has been wrong with the PC, (no freezes or blue screens) other than those USB ports not working. I have a Core i7-5820k running @ its normal 3.30 GHz. Should I get a new motherboard, a new motherboard AND processor, new processor, or wait till it all folds and update a new PC later? I'm out of warranty on all of this. What is the possible issue here?