[SOLVED] Motherboard scratch question

thebarte12

Reputable
Jun 11, 2019
Hi. I bought a new z370 motherboard 1 year ago with scratched trace. Now I am a little bit worrier it could be damaged. I don't see any copper. What do you think?

77305785-724157128093650-89820887284449280-n.jpg

Solution
Hard to tell if that's even a scratch or just a hair laying across the board. Did you rub it with your finger to see if it disappears yet?

Traces look to be in perfect condition, I see no problem with it. If the board works, use it.

BTW... IF it affects anything (and I'm not suggesting it should) it will be that PCIe socket it's right next to. So it may never show itself a problem unless you put a device in that socket.
Hard to tell if that's even a scratch or just a hair laying across the board. Did you rub it with your finger to see if it disappears yet?

Traces look to be in perfect condition, I see no problem with it. If the board works, use it.

BTW... IF it affects anything (and I'm not suggesting it should) it will be that PCIe socket it's right next to. So it may never show itself a problem unless you put a device in that socket.

Reactions: thebarte12
Solution