Question Motherboard screw not coming out

May 12, 2023
Hey guys, I noticed some of the motherboard screws got stuck in the standoffs on the case, so I took them out and saw online that I could use a pair of pliers to hold the standoffs and unscrew the screws. It worked with 2, but in the end with one when pressing the separator with the pliers the screw did not move I hope you can help me since I am frustrated with this situation

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
I zoomed in to the image, you've cross threaded the screw into the standoff. You're supposed to unscrew it with brute force but keep in mind not to rip the capacitors off of the motherboard while doing so.

You could look for a 5mm rachet bit driver/handle. The drive will accept the standoff and you can apply force in the opposite direction(unscrew the screw) and see if that helps.

May 12, 2023
I zoomed in to the image, you've cross threaded the screw into the standoff. You're supposed to unscrew it with brute force but keep in mind not to rip the capacitors off of the motherboard while doing so.

You could look for a 5mm rachet bit driver/handle. The drive will accept the standoff and you can apply force in the opposite direction(unscrew the screw) and see if that helps
I decided to leave it like that and put it back in the cabinet would there be a problem if I leave it like that?