Motherboard Seems to Have Ruined my Keyboard and Mouse

Feb 2, 2019
Im building a computer for my cousin using budget parts. Specifically an old HP/MSI MS-7613. I replaced its processor with a xeon, and put a gtx980 in it. Then it ran games quite well. But due to the nonexistant cable management, I got a new case to solve the problem. I got the thing all set, hooked up my keyboard and mouse and turned it on.

All the fans spun, and it booted into windows. Trouble was, the lights on my mouse and keyboard didnt come on. I tried every USB port, both on motherboard and case. Nothing. I hooked them back up to my own computer. Nothing.

Seems the ports fried them.

I need to know if it is likely I shorted the board, so I dont do it again.

Lutfij

Titan
Mind sharing your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

you will also need to state what were in the prebuilt to start off with and what you'd upgraded to. It's hardly likely that the keyboard and mouse have been fried but if you say so, I'd ask you to bread board the system and also take note of how you wired the front panel connectors.

Feb 2, 2019

I also just breadboarded the system and jumped the power connectors, but when I had it in the new case everything was hooked up correctly. The ONLY thing that didnt seem to work was the usb ports.

Feb 2, 2019
The original processor was a core i5-650, the original gpu was a radeon hd 5450, and the power supply was around 260 watts

I replaced these with a xeon x3460, a gtx980, and a coolermaster psu rated for 400 watts.

The only thing that seems wrong is the mounting of the motherboard in a new case. Thermaltake versa h18-tg. But I had it all wired correctly.