[SOLVED] Motherboard shuts off when I connect the 8 pin CPU connector?

Sep 27, 2020
Hi,

I have taken the motherboard out of the PC case, have been testing it, now it looks like there's something wrong at the end of MB's CPU connection/connector.

I have already tested the PSU, that's working fine.

Moreover, I have tested Capacitors on the motherboard, all of them are giving reading except the three capacitors that are located near the CPU 8 Pin connector.

I can replace those capacitors but I'm just trying to get an expert's opinion here. (Those capacitors read as FP / 62CG / 271 / 16)

My PC:
GA-Z270X-Gaming 5 (Motherboard)
CX750 (PSU)
i5-6600K (CPU)

Thanks in advance, let me know if more info needed. Thanks!

Last edited:
Solution
Hi,

I have taken the motherboard out of the PC case, have been testing it, now it looks like there's something wrong at the end of MB's CPU connection/connector.

Moreover, I have tested Capacitors on the motherboard, all of them are giving reading except the three capacitors that are located near the CPU 8 Pin connector.

I can replace those capacitors but I'm just trying to get an expert's opinion here. (Those capacitors read as FP / 62CG / 271 / 16)

My PC:
CX750 (PSU)
i5-6600K (CPU)

Don't know about those capacitors but symptoms suggest bad VRM.
Hi,

My PC:
CX750 (PSU)
i5-6600K (CPU)

Don't know about those capacitors but symptoms suggest bad VRM.

Solution