Motherboard sound alerts,..

moods

My Shuttle HOT-661V31 based computer will not start at all. All it
does is to give me a sort of sound 'code' or alert to tell me whats
wrong. The big problem is that I don't speak its language. I've
searched all around, I've even come across a user manual. Still I
don't know what that sound alert is trying to tell me. The only thing
I can do to change the 'code' is to either remove all RAM or remove
the floppy connector. When I do that I'll get another sound alert
'code'.
To eliminate other error sources I've removed all ISA/PCI/AGP cards
without getting any other alert. The videocard is tested on another
computer and is OK. I'm not sure, I'm not a hardware expert, but it
really seems it has to be something wrong with either the CPU or the
mainboard itself. If I only knew that sound alert system....

Please help.