Question Motherboard speaker beeping like crazy

Aug 28, 2020
Hello,
My motherboard speaker is beeping like crazy. Is there a real issue here, or is the actual speaker itself defective?
Here's a link to the beeping's

Beyond that, the PC isn't having any other noticeable issues. Once and awhile it will freeze on the bios screen, though it's very rare.

https://streamable.com/6i6r7n

Thank you in advance

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Wow, that's crazy. Obvious question is obvious, but you've verified that's where the noise is coming from? Ie you've removed the speaker to test and be 100% sure? It's a different pitch than a MB speaker would be normally.

The fact that it still does the one 'successful post' beep (which still sounds right & not distorted in any way) throughout all that is surprising. But suggests the system is ok.

Could be electrical noise being picked up... Somehow, but I'm clutching at straws there.

I'd suggest picking up another speaking (they should only be $1-$2) and see if the issue persists.

Aug 28, 2020
Wow, that's crazy. Obvious question is obvious, but you've verified that's where the noise is coming from? Ie you've removed the speaker to test and be 100% sure? It's a different pitch than a MB speaker would be normally.

The fact that it still does the one 'successful post' beep (which still sounds right & not distorted in any way) throughout all that is surprising. But suggests the system is ok.

Could be electrical noise being picked up... Somehow, but I'm clutching at straws there.

I'd suggest picking up another speaking (they should only be $1-$2) and see if the issue persists.

Thank you very much for your prompt response.
Was actually a PC I had sold to a customer, so waiting to hear back from them.
Will update with more info when I receive it. I assumed it could only be coming from the speaker, but I guess I will find out soon.
To at least add a little more info, it only happens during post and then goes away.

Thank you again