[SOLVED] Motherboard splash screen hang, can’t access BIOS from motherboard splash screen (keyboard ignored)

TahmidU

Commendable
May 25, 2019
So yesterday morning, I finally decided to sort out the wiring in my pc. After being satisfied with the job I had done, I prepared my PC to bootup to see if everything was okay. However, when I booted my system, I noticed that the motherboard splash screen was taking from 4 to 5 mins after that it would begin to load the OS. Initially, I thought it was a 1-time-thing but I had to make sure, so I tried to shut down my system (after booting into the OS) to boot up my system again but when clicked shutdown on Windows 10 it would do absolutely nothing (as if I didn’t click it in the first place, meaning the OS was still operating but it just wouldn’t shut down). So, I forced shut it down. Again, I booted up my system and yet again the motherboard splash screen was taking ages. And yet again, windows was being buggy. Sometimes the USB ports wouldn’t work meaning I couldn’t use my keyboard and mouse and every time windows would never shutdown (I’ve made sure that all programs/applications have closed before I do this). It would always say shutting down for like 1-2 hours and sometimes it would turn my screen off and on. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t updating otherwise it would have said so in the start menu or during the shutdown procedure.

I still have no idea as to what was going on. I’m not sure what’s causing the splash screen to hang and prevent me from going into the BIOS. The keyboard simply wouldn’t work. It seems like it literally crashes during POST, however it seems as though the POST test worked correctly because of the single beep from the speaker on the MOBO. And I’m not sure why windows is being buggy.

Here are the things that I’ve done so far:
-Reset Windows
-Cleared CMOS
-Flashed BIOS (Got into the BIOS via a Linux bootable usb stick and typed the command “systemctl reboot –firmware-setup”)
-Took out everything connected to USB during boot
-Enabled Fastboot in BIOS
-Disabled Fastboot in Windows
-Disabled Hibernate in Windows
-Ensured boot drive was on top of boot priority list in BIOS
-Turned off Logo splash screen in BIOS
-Took out all internal drives to see if POST time improves (it doesn’t).
-Took out RAM sticks and tested them on their own and on different slots.

I honestly have no clue as to what’s going on. Have I damaged my motherboard? And do you guys have any other ideas which I could do? Once I’ve loaded into the OS and if the USB ports are working (it’s so random, on some boots it works other times it doesn’t work) it works as normal. It’s just that I can’t shutdown anymore without forcing it to via the power button on my PC.

Specs:
CPU: Intel i5 8600
GPU: GTX 1060 3GB
RAM: 16 GB Corsiar Vengence
PSU: Corsiar CX550M (550 Watts)
MOBO: Gigabyte B360M DS3H
SSD: Crucial 500GB (boot drive)
HDD 1: Seagate 1TB
HDD 2: Seagate 500GB