Motherboard still stuck in Case after unscrewing all screws

Nollibol

Prominent
Aug 10, 2017
I have a prebuilt computer, an Acer aspire gx 281 with a 1070 an ryzen 5 1600. Recently i bought a liquid cooler and my plan was to replace the cpu fan in my case with that one, however my case has no opening on the back, so for me to place the backplate on the backside of the motherboard I need to screw it of completely. Right now I have disconnected everything and removed cooler, case fans and grapicscard etc. and unscrewed all the screws that attached the motherboard to the case. For some reason it’s still stick in place and I have no idea why, Is there something else holding the motherboard down?. somebody pls help!

Solution

Not a good idea not to have a case fan even with the water cooling setup. I guess if you have a very small radiator, you still need a place to mount it.

Nollibol

Prominent
Aug 10, 2017
Pretty much the entire bottom part moves a bit, an the entire right part of the motherboard is quite loose, however the top part is not loose at all and refuses to move. The left part I cannot check as the IO shield is there. That is indeed the pc I have (however I seem to have a modified one that is only available in Sweden, with 16gb the, and a gtx 1070. I’m sure all the screws are loose.

Nollibol

Prominent
Aug 10, 2017
Are you sure? Because the radiator is quite small and I’ll be removing the case fan. There is plenty of space on the cpu for the cpu mount. Even if not I would like to Ben able to remove the motherboard as I am planning on getting a new case.

Nollibol

Prominent
Aug 10, 2017

Pretty much the entire bottom part moves a bit, an the entire right part of the motherboard is quite loose, however the top part is not loose at all and refuses to move. The left part I cannot check as the IO shield is there. That is indeed the pc I have (however I seem to have a modified one that is only available in Sweden, with 16gb the, and a gtx 1070. I’m sure all the screws are loose.

Nollibol

Prominent
Aug 10, 2017

Are you sure? Because the radiator is quite small and I’ll be removing the case fan. There is plenty of space on the cpu for the cpu mount. Even if not I would like to Ben able to remove the motherboard as I am planning on getting a new case.

Not a good idea not to have a case fan even with the water cooling setup. I guess if you have a very small radiator, you still need a place to mount it.

Solution
Besides the other issues some have brought up, I'm curious to find out why the mobo won't come out. Maybe it is stuck on the IO shield somehow. Have you tried pulling it in a direction away from the IO shield (toward the front of the case)? Just be careful the underside of the mobo doesn't scrape along the standoffs when trying this.

Nollibol

Prominent
Aug 10, 2017

Ok, but now I think the backplate of the original cooler has moved or something, cuz the screws on the cooler mount don’t attach to anything, so I still need to loosen the motherboard.

Nollibol

Prominent
Aug 10, 2017

Yeah, Ive been thinking that might be it as well, i will try that tomorrow when I wake up.