Question Motherboard Stopped Working

Boris_yo

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Hi. Haven't used my PC for a week. Pushed power on button, nothing happened. Tested power supply with paperclip and fan was spinning. Used multimeter to test all 24 pins, voltage was normal. Took out motherboard out of chassis, connected power supply, used screwdriver on power pins. Didn't do anything. Removed CMOS battery for 10 minutes, didn't do anything. Installed memory, installed CPU, connected 4-pin CPU fan to motherboard, powered on system and it didn't spin.

What else do I have left to do? My motherboard is Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite

No. Aorus logo only lights up for a second when I press ON switch on the power supply. After I touch power ON pins on motherboard with a screwdriver, nothing happens.
It sounds dead to me. If you are certain you are touching the correct pins to turn the motherboard on, the Status LED's should display something. I would just contact Gigabyte customer support about getting a replacement.

Boris_yo

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Sent motherboard to PC repair shop I bought from and they said motherboard works. They also updated BIOS to the latest. After receiving it back it didn't work for me. Seems like it's either power supply or CPU.

Boris_yo

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
None of these. It doesn't work at my home but it does work in 2 PC repair shops that tested. They tested motherboard with CPU, RAM module and PSU and system worked. But after I brought it home it didn't work. I have no idea what to do.

TRENDING THREADS