[SOLVED] Motherboard stuck on logo screen

lukaszpodolski1

Reputable
Dec 6, 2017
Hi guys.
I'm building a new pc for my friend's son for Christmas and I'm running into some problems. First of all here are the specs :

Ryzen 3600
B550 tomahawk WiFi
Rx 5700xt
16gb 3600mhz ram
500gb nvme m.2
1tb SSD
750w corsair gold psu

I've installed a fresh Windows from USB key onto the M.2 drive... Everything seems to be ok. I've installed the and graphic drivers , the lan drivers etc. After everything is completed it asks me to reboot the system.
After reset the pc gets stuck on the "MAG" motherboard logo and that's it. I can get into bios etc. But it can't get into Windows.

Please please can someone help? I need this computer to be fully working by Friday.

Solution
I'm on slots (two and four) with the ram it's g'skill ripjaw 16gb at 3600mhz 16-16-16-38 timing but out of the box they are running at 2133 MHz . And I didn't even touch the overclock yet. I just put the parts together and booted up for the first time
Alright so it definitely sounds like a ram problem if it's defaulting to 2133 even in that configuration. Either it's an issue with the slots (dirt, debris, or faulty slots) or it's an issue with the ram modules. It could also be a problem with the PSU, since voltage issues with ram would cause that kind of windows instability as well.
Hi guys.
I'm building a new pc for my friend's son for Christmas and I'm running into some problems. First of all here are the specs :

Ryzen 3600
B550 tomahawk WiFi
Rx 5700xt
16gb 3600mhz ram
500gb nvme m.2
1tb SSD
750w corsair gold psu

I've installed a fresh Windows from USB key onto the M.2 drive... Everything seems to be ok. I've installed the and graphic drivers , the lan drivers etc. After everything is completed it asks me to reboot the system.
After reset the pc gets stuck on the "MAG" motherboard logo and that's it. I can get into bios etc. But it can't get into Windows.

Please please can someone help? I need this computer to be fully working by Friday.
Have you done a CMOS reset? Even though brand new it is often helpful.

CDDogg

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2015
What's your RAM situation like? RAM clock/timing issues can cause unstable windows. Also if you're overclocking your CPU at all, that could cause boot problems like that as well. If you have only 2 or even 1 ram module, Ryzen can only operate stably in an A2 - B2 configuration, so make sure you're in the right slots. Lastly if you're already overclocking your ram try setting it back to the default profile and letting it underclock it to 2133 to see if you can get into windows then.

Reactions: drea.drechsler

lukaszpodolski1

Reputable
Dec 6, 2017
What's your RAM situation like? RAM clock/timing issues can cause unstable windows. Also if you're overclocking your CPU at all, that could cause boot problems like that as well. If you have only 2 or even 1 ram module, Ryzen can only operate stably in an A2 - B2 configuration, so make sure you're in the right slots. Lastly if you're already overclocking your ram try setting it back to the default profile and letting it underclock it to 2133 to see if you can get into windows then.
I'm on slots (two and four) with the ram it's g'skill ripjaw 16gb at 3600mhz 16-16-16-38 timing but out of the box they are running at 2133 MHz . And I didn't even touch the overclock yet. I just put the parts together and booted up for the first time

CDDogg

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2015
Alright so it definitely sounds like a ram problem if it's defaulting to 2133 even in that configuration. Either it's an issue with the slots (dirt, debris, or faulty slots) or it's an issue with the ram modules. It could also be a problem with the PSU, since voltage issues with ram would cause that kind of windows instability as well.

Solution

lukaszpodolski1

Reputable
Dec 6, 2017
I'll try removing ram modules , swapping them out , using single stick, using old psu etc. And report back with mg findings. Thanks for the guidance 😊