Motherboard Suddenly shut off, won’t power back on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 16, 2019
Built my first pc. Got everything running perfectly. Started out as a Hackintosh. But had issues getting WiFi to work. So that was a deal breaker. Then got Windows 10 loaded up and everything was perfectly fine. Tinkered with a few displays settings. Ya know, Initial setup stuff.

(Problem)
I was about to move the pc to where it would sit permanently. I had a wired keyboard and mouse plugged in the USB slots. I unplugged the keyboard. Fine. I unplugged the mouse. And the computer immediately shuts off. About 3 seconds later the PSU fan and CPU fan started spinning again. For about 3-4 seconds. Then stopped. Haven’t been able to power it back on since.

(Things I’ve checked)
-Tested PSU. Works

-Tried booting up with 1 stick of RAM. 2 Sticks of RAM. With and W/O SSD

-reseated everything(CPU. RAM. SSD)

-Clear CMOS. (Have a clear CMOS button. Don’t think Mobo has clear cmos jumper pins....to my knowledge

-Unplugged power to Mobo. Let sit all day and discharged all power to it

(Build)
ASRock Fatal1ty z270 Itx/ac
i7700k
Samsung 970 NVMe 512gb SSD
CoolMaster Hyper 212
G.SKILL Aegis 2x8gb
EVGA 450w

I’d hate to think I was only able to use the computer for 20 mins before the motherboard died or shorted out...

Any thing else I can check? Thanks in advance.

Jan 16, 2019

I hadn’t moved the computer yet. I just unplugged the keyboard and mouse to go put them up cause I wasn’t goin to be using them any more. I had just bought a wireless keyboard that I was going to be using. But before I even got to shutting down the computer to move it. It shuts off unexpectedly. Literally as soon as I unplugged the mouse. I unplugged the keyboard first and nothing happened. But unplugging the mouse shut it off.

ironman33155

Reputable
Jun 27, 2016
Did you fix your issue? I'm having the same problem. The PC starts working when I let it discharge for a day but the problem is back in a few hours. It stops working. When it stops working, the mouse light flickers faintly and the speakers give off a weird sound. I have included The weird sound

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Did you fix your issue? I'm having the same problem. The PC starts working when I let it discharge for a day but the problem is back in a few hours. It stops working. When it stops working, the mouse light flickers faintly and the speakers give off a weird sound. I have included The weird sound

Please start a new thread with a detailed description of your problem and your complete specs, rather than jumping into other people's old threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.