[SOLVED] Motherboard suggestion for 700$ build?

poorbugger

Distinguished
So Im planning to finally build a gaming pc moving from gaming laptops zone.
My parts are as following:
CPU : Ryzen 5 2600 with wraith spire for 120$
GPU : Zotac RTX 2060 Twin Fan for 297$~300$
PSU : Corsair CX550M for 66$
Ram : Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x8GB) 3000mhz DDR4 CL16 for 90$
Case : TECWARE M3 TG MATX for 30$ (It's not a well known case in the world as Tecware is more popular in southeast asia but i did my research and it seems to be a good case).
Motherboard : Unknown.

So there you have it. I hope i'm not making a mistake. This is my first pc build and i have already ordered the case and psu due to a sale. I know the cx series isnt that good for corsair but im on a tight budget. You may notice the ssd and hdd are not included because im bringing over my laptop's ssds and hdds. It's a nvme one and a sata hdd. I would appreciate any help on the motherboard because i'm looking at the asrock b450m pro4 which cost about 77$ in my country (Malaysia). But i also read a lot of comments on it having bad vrm. I'll upgrade my cpu cooler somewhere in the future. I'm opting for a matx build. I know it's not the best choice since the reason i'm building a gaming pc is because i cant stand the high temps on my laptop anymore. I need the matx because it's small and i need to pack it up once every 6 months.

Solution
So do you recommend the asrock b450m pro4? Because I dont think i will overclock my ryzen 5 2600 to like 4ghz. As long as i can play games like ac odyssey with 60fps with not crazy temps like 90C like i used to, im fine with it.

wholeheartedly if you accept it for what it is, like I said for a good little overclock its a good little board.
I paired it with patriot viper 4 memory from the QVL, it was the cheapest at the time and I did not want to deal with any memory timing issues, I just wanted to hit the memory speed and go. the units on the QVL have been factory tested to be trouble free, other units will work but may require some fussing, for plug and play get off the list.

I used a Gammax 400 blue for the cooler, its so...

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
I used the ASRock B450-m pro4-f in my system. it overclocks my 1500x to 4000 @ 1.3375V.
with a 2nd generation Ryzen look to some 3200 or 3600 Mhz RAM.
I added a better cooler and with the overclock the CPU is cooler than it was at stock with stock cooling.

the b450m is a good little board but if you are looking for heroic level overclocking the VRMs may let you down. if you just want a little more out of the CPU and getting the memory to run at full there is nothing at all wrong with this board, but it will never overclock like a board designed for overclocking, they cost a bunch more money too.

poorbugger

Distinguished
I used the ASRock B450-m pro4-f in my system. it overclocks my 1500x to 4000 @ 1.3375V.
with a 2nd generation Ryzen look to some 3200 or 3600 Mhz RAM.
I added a better cooler and with the overclock the CPU is cooler than it was at stock with stock cooling.

the b450m is a good little board but if you are looking for heroic level overclocking the VRMs may let you down. if you just want a little more out of the CPU and getting the memory to run at full there is nothing at all wrong with this board, but it will never overclock like a board designed for overclocking, they cost a bunch more money too.
So do you recommend the asrock b450m pro4? Because I dont think i will overclock my ryzen 5 2600 to like 4ghz. As long as i can play games like ac odyssey with 60fps with not crazy temps like 90C like i used to, im fine with it.

poorbugger

Distinguished

WildCard999

Titan

R_1

Expert
Ambassador

wholeheartedly if you accept it for what it is, like I said for a good little overclock its a good little board.
I paired it with patriot viper 4 memory from the QVL, it was the cheapest at the time and I did not want to deal with any memory timing issues, I just wanted to hit the memory speed and go. the units on the QVL have been factory tested to be trouble free, other units will work but may require some fussing, for plug and play get off the list.

I used a Gammax 400 blue for the cooler, its so quiet I now only hear my GPU. under cinebench r20 the temps never go above 72 degrees C

Reactions: poorbugger
Solution

poorbugger

Distinguished

I used a Gammax 400 blue for the cooler, its so quiet I now only hear my GPU. under cinebench r20 the temps never go above 72 degrees C
Thanks man for the help. I'll go for the asrock then. I hope my pc building will go well. One last question, do i need an anti static band? I know it's cheap and all but i cant find it and my country sells it for quite a high price. I live in a quite humid area and i wont build my pc on the carpet, just cemented floor

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
need? not really.
a few easy precautions will take care of you
Assembly grounding:
plug in the power supply to the wall. you can touch an unpainted part of the PSU (insert an unpainted unfinished screw into the PSU mounting holes and touch the screw as a grounding point) once you have grounded yourself you can now touch and assemble the parts of the PC.
if you move your feet, or shuffle in your chair, reground yourself again.
install the CPU into the motherboard and the RAM into the slots.
if you move your feet, or shuffle in your chair, reground yourself again.
install the cooler to the CPU. install the motherboard into the case.
secure the motherboard down with the screws, make sure you remove any unwanted/needed mounts before securing the motherboard.
unplug the PSU and ground yourself again. install the PSU into the case and secure with the 4 mounting screws.
plug in the power cord and ground yourself again from now on after grounding, unplug the power supply cord from the wall.
if you move your feet, or shuffle in your chair, plug in the cord, reground yourself and unplug again.
connect the power supply to the motherboard by the 24 pin and the AUX CPU power connector, install the GPU if one is selected, and install the drives with the supplied mounts in the case. connect the front panel connections to the case according to the manuals.
if you move your feet, or shuffle in your chair, plug in the cord, reground yourself and unplug again.
if there are any other peripherals, like wifi cards or sound card install and secure now. verify all power cables are connected to the motherboard and the GPU if needed.
the system can now be booted and the BIOS adjusted if needed (refer to motherboard manual) then an OS installed. when you are sure the system will need no more working/tinkering you can install the side panel and close the case. you have now assembled a PC.
end canned rant