Motherboard Suggestions!

Turv

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2005
Well, I made a topic recently in the General Homebuilt, and after some great help from the other guys, i have but together a 'first draft' of my upcoming build.

Its been along time since i have been looking at computer parts, so i am completley out of the loop on whats new and all, so any advice is appreciated.

The current spec i have priced together is this:

AMD AM2 Athlon 64 5200+ Windsor Core
640MB BFG Technology 8800GTS
Asus Crosshair V2 R.O.G NF590 SLI, S AM2, PCI-E (x16)
2GB (2x1GB) Corsair TwinX XMS2, DDR2 PC2-6400
320 Gb Western Digital WD3200AAJS Caviar SE, SATA300
600W Zalman ZM600-HP Heatpipe Cooled Modular PSU +80% Eff

Now, I first chose the Asus Crosshair motherboard as it seemed a decent one, but i think im going over the top in buying this as it is £133
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=442357

I will not be running SLi (Although i think i would prefer a motherboard that would support it, so i could add another 8800 down the line. I do not use RAID, only SATA drives, I do not have any intentions on overclocking either.

I would appreciate if anyone could assist me in deciding on a mother board, that would suit my needs, and the hardware already chosen.

If possible, also if you could link any motherboards from this website, http://www.scan.co.uk, as that is where i will be buying most of the other bits of hardware.

Turv

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2005
Thanks for the suggestions Maziar, They are much more in my price range.

However, from looking at the spec's they all seem to be pretty similar, with minor differences, apart from the Chipset.

I seem to remember ABIT being a good make, but out of those three, which would you suggest?

Abit KN9-SLi - £67.55
Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe - £67.67
Asus M2N-E SLI - £51.10

Turv

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2005
Thanks for the suggestion Maziar, I have been looking at reviews for the M2N-SLi Deluxe, and the ASUS KN9-SLi.

Both have had some really dodgy reviews, problems with the bios, recognising hardware, Problems with the motherboard and vista etc.

I plan on having both Vista and XP on a Dual boot so i can play Crysis on Vista, and everything else on XP.

Do you think i will be OK with the M2N-SLi Deluxe, as in, it should be a safe choice with the hardware i have chosen, i really don't want any complications when it comes to the build itself.

Cheers,