[SOLVED] Motherboard supports 100 mbps LAN. How to upgrade to 1Gbps?

Hello my Ethernet status shows 100mbps because the motherboard's LAN port only support 100 Mbps. I want gigabit experience. How can I achieve that without upgrading my motherboard?

I found this product: https://www.amazon.in/CableCreation-Gigabit-Ethernet-software-required/dp/B013G4C8RE/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=gigabit+wifi+adapter&qid=1643288165&smid=A1922K1MC7KYJD&sprefix=gigabit+wifi+ada,aps,207&sr=8-7&th=1

Can it achieve 1Gbps?

Please let me know. Thanks so much.
Do you have gig speed internet? Do you have other 1g devices connected to your network to take advantage of the bandwidth?

Thanks so much!! Didn't know such a solution existed. I will buy this. Just need to make sure my Zebronics H61 supports this which I think it does.
Well, if it is exactly the model that you linked then not really. The board seems to have only one PCIe slot and if it is used by graphic card then you would have no free ports for neither PCIe nor PCI expansion card.

Last edited:
The motherboard has one PCIE x1 slot and one PCIE x16 slot.
PCIE ethernet adapter goes into x1 slot.

ZEB-H61-pic1_1024x1024.jpg

Reactions: DRagor
Hello my Ethernet status shows 100mbps because the motherboard's LAN port only support 100 Mbps. I want gigabit experience. How can I achieve that without upgrading my motherboard?

I found this product: https://www.amazon.in/CableCreation-Gigabit-Ethernet-software-required/dp/B013G4C8RE/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=gigabit+wifi+adapter&qid=1643288165&smid=A1922K1MC7KYJD&sprefix=gigabit+wifi+ada,aps,207&sr=8-7&th=1

Can it achieve 1Gbps?

Please let me know. Thanks so much.

Motherboard model please?

1Gbps ethernet has been pretty much standard for 10 years now. Chances are it down negotiated because the end point is 100Mbps or you have a faulty cable. And if your motherboard > 10 years old, it might not be worth the upgrade as you will likely have other bottlenecks.

EDIT: Yep, your system is so old a 1Gbps card isn't going to work to your advantage much.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS