Question Motherboard swap

Nov 8, 2019
I recently got the new Call Of Duty to play with co workers on my pc. It crashes at least twice a game, and when im tabbed into the game my discord (voice application) goes silent. My friends also cant hear me when i'm talking, however when i tab back into dicord it reconnects me and then i can hear them all again. I thought it was an internet speed issue, so i stopped using wifi and got Ethernet connection (30 mps) to my router. Also in game there are are little pauses or stutters when shooting or being shot at, bring my fps down from 100 to 25 then back up. Im thinking about switching out the motherboad and cpu in my pc to make things a little faster and get rid of those in game stutters.
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 3gb
cpu: intel i5 4460 @ 3.20 ghz
ram: 12 gb
motherboard:dell 088DT1 version A01
What should i upgrade to run the game without crashes or stutters, and stop discord from freaking out?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Not sure if this will help with Discord, but for the crashing and stuttering, you have to start here:
ram: 12 gb
The stuttering:
8GB + 4GB is not a standard configuration, and is still running your PC in single channel mode - dual channel requires sticks of identical capacity.

The crashing:
Likely also caused by your current configuration. It's one of the symptoms of sticks that didn't get along.

Nov 8, 2019
Not sure if this will help with Discord, but for the crashing and stuttering, you have to start here:

The stuttering:
8GB + 4GB is not a standard configuration, and is still running your PC in single channel mode - dual channel requires sticks of identical capacity.

The crashing:
Likely also caused by your current configuration. It's one of the symptoms of sticks that didn't get along.
So the ram is a issue? If i replace my motherboard, cpu, i might as well get new ram.. So i need two 6gb ram sticks?
What ram you suggest?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
So the ram is a issue? If i replace my motherboard, cpu, i might as well get new ram.. So i need two 6gb ram sticks?
What ram you suggest?
Anything from the popular brands(G. Skill, Corsair, Kingston, and Crucial); helps to avoid possible compatibility issues.
You can also check the online Qualified Vendors List for the motherboard you intend to purchase ahead of time for compatible kits.

TRENDING THREADS