Question Motherboard Temp is at 67 C while inside BIOS, at Idle, during Gaming

CameronCant

Commendable
Aug 21, 2021
I had a B 550 Unify X and I damaged the Socket so to get me through until I can grab another Unify I purchased a B 550 Tomahawk Max Wifi from Best Buy and threw it in my build. I was curious about performance so I started to do some benchmarking and noticed that Aida64, HWinfo and even the Bios screen was reporting "Motherboard Temp around 65-67c degrees. I'm using a Core P6 Case which is basically open air and I'm using a 280 aio for the CPU and have 8 fans running. MY CPU and GPU temps NEVER get high in fact during the same situation in BIOS my CPU is reading 32c. At idle my CPU is around 32-35c and Gaming around 50c so I'm just stumped at why my Motherboard Temp is so high?

I have not changed anything inside BIOS except using Memory Try it to run my RAM at 3600 CL 14 14 14 34. Using XMP the Mobo Temp is still in the 60's, using default RAM speed the Mobo Temp is still in 60's

No problems with Temps under any circumstance. I even felt all around the Motherboard to see if it was hot somewhere and its cool to the touch. I'm stumped?

R5 5600x
3080ti
32GB HP V10 Ram
MSI B550 Max Wifi Tomahawk
EVGA Supernova 1000
Thermaltake Core P6 Case with plenty of cooling.

BIOS Version 7691 v26

Lutfij

Titan
I purchased a B 550 Tomahawk Max Wifi from Best Buy and threw it in my build.
Did you reinstall the OS after the motherboard swap?

BIOS Version 7691 v26
You have BIOS versions pending update. Clear the CMOS once you've verified that the BIOS was flashed successfully.

EVGA Supernova 1000
EVGA have a number of 1KW Supernova units, which model is it? How old is the PSU in your build? If the PSU is listed in your sig space, please list it in your thread's body as sig space specs can and will change over time. When that happens, suggestions made on this thread can and will be rendered moot to the end user in the same boat as you're in now.

How are you cooling the processor in your build? See if aiming a fan at the VRM's and chipset area changes the temps you see.

CameronCant

Commendable
Aug 21, 2021
I purchased a B 550 Tomahawk Max Wifi from Best Buy and threw it in my build.
Did you reinstall the OS after the motherboard swap? (No)

BIOS Version 7691 v26
You have BIOS versions pending update. Clear the CMOS once you've verified that the BIOS was flashed successfully. (That is the version BIOS that came with the Motherboard)

EVGA Supernova 1000
EVGA have a number of 1KW Supernova units, which model is it?

(EVGA 1000 GT, 80 Plus Gold 1000W)​

How old is the PSU in your build? (2 Years) If the PSU is listed in your sig space, please list it in your thread's body as sig space specs can and will change over time. When that happens, suggestions made on this thread can and will be rendered moot to the end user in the same boat as you're in now.

How are you cooling the processor in your build? (Cooler Master 280 AIO/, Aida64, HWinfo, Afterburner CPUid all report CPU Temps at or around 30 degrees at idle and around 50 degrees during gaming) See if aiming a fan at the VRM's and chipset area changes the temps you see.
I edited your original post with answers to your questions,

I'll include a picture of my case.

CameronCant

Commendable
Aug 21, 2021
Top 2 Fans are 2x140 exhausting up
Bottom 2 Fans are 2x14 pulling air into Case
Front 3 Fans are pulling in 3x120
AIO Fans are exhausting out back of Case
AIO is on I just have the rgb off.
All fans and pump are set to DC Full speed