[SOLVED] motherboard temp ?

M2019

Reputable
Nov 14, 2019
hi guys
i have asus prime b450m-a motherboard and what ever software i use to measure temp there are cpu gpu temps
and motherboard temp
i wanna know what part of the motherboard this temp named as motherboard represent thx <3

Solution
"Motherboard temp" is a combination of things, and it might be different from board to board and manufacturer to manufacturer. Even the utility you use may vary, or even be wrong. HWmonitor is often guilty of misreporting some specific sensor data due to identifying sensors incorrectly.

HWinfo is the utility you SHOULD be using, in most cases. Ryzen master as well, for AMD platforms.

Generally, "motherboard temp" is a calculation of sensor data taken from several different components on the motherboard and averaged to represent motherboard temp. It will react MUCH slower than other "sensors", such as the CPU temp. If you want to know specifically whether a specific component like the VRMs are overheating, then look for sensor data...
"Motherboard temp" is a combination of things, and it might be different from board to board and manufacturer to manufacturer. Even the utility you use may vary, or even be wrong. HWmonitor is often guilty of misreporting some specific sensor data due to identifying sensors incorrectly.

HWinfo is the utility you SHOULD be using, in most cases. Ryzen master as well, for AMD platforms.

Generally, "motherboard temp" is a calculation of sensor data taken from several different components on the motherboard and averaged to represent motherboard temp. It will react MUCH slower than other "sensors", such as the CPU temp. If you want to know specifically whether a specific component like the VRMs are overheating, then look for sensor data labeled as such. It won't always be there or might be called something different, but generally if it says "motherboard temp" it is not the data from a single source. And, that is generally the best "sensor" value to use when setting up case fan profiles if you don't want to get driven crazy like you would if you assigned the CPU or Core temp sensor data to drive them. Obviously, for the CPU cooler you want to use the CPU core temp data though.

Solution
HOW, EXACTLY, did you "used it"? Did you look at the summary information or did you run "Sensors Only"? I recommend that you run sensors only, uncheck the summary option and you should have more sensor data available than just that. If you don't, it's due to the somewhat budget design of the motherboard and likely simply has limited sensor data.

What exactly is it that you are really trying to do or figure out?

M2019

Reputable
Nov 14, 2019
HOW, EXACTLY, did you "used it"? Did you look at the summary information or did you run "Sensors Only"? I recommend that you run sensors only, uncheck the summary option and you should have more sensor data available than just that. If you don't, it's due to the somewhat budget design of the motherboard and likely simply has limited sensor data.

What exactly is it that you are really trying to do or figure out?
it gives me this

https://ibb.co/SQnt7nk

Ok, so.............what is wrong with what you are seeing there?

CPU and motherboard, those are the primary considerations. Others, like, temp1, temp2, you can find out what they are based on the motherboard model AND the monitoring software, if you ask the people who support the particular utility you are working with. HWinfo is really good about that on their forums if you give them the info they ask for. Very specific in fact.