Motherboard Temperatures Too Hot?

avizacty

Honorable
Oct 8, 2017
A couple of days ago I built a new PC,

and basically I was playing GTA and I noticed that the glass on my case was very hot, so I wanted to monitor the heat of my computer. So I download a software called HWMonitor by CPUID. Just as I do that I notice that my motheboard had the temperature of 116 degrees celcius, and my GPU and CPU around 90 degrees while playing games. Obviously this doesn't sound normal at all, and if there is a solution to lower the temperatures in my PC, it'd be really appreciated if someone let me know how to cool it down.

Thanks.

Motherboard/Mainboard: ASUS PRIME Z270-P
Graphics Card/GPU: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Dual OC
Central Processing Unit/CPU: Intel Core i5 7600k

Solution
You need more case fans most likely. If your not getting any crashes while playing then your GPU is good, etc. It is best to add a push / pull config for your case fans if you have the mounting space available. Most cases offer a fan mounting location in the front of the case to pull in cooler air, and an exit fan generally in the rear or on top to pull the warm air out.

Dashman9000

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
You need more case fans most likely. If your not getting any crashes while playing then your GPU is good, etc. It is best to add a push / pull config for your case fans if you have the mounting space available. Most cases offer a fan mounting location in the front of the case to pull in cooler air, and an exit fan generally in the rear or on top to pull the warm air out.

Solution

avizacty

Honorable
Oct 8, 2017

I have never had any crashes or lowered performance so far, so I'm guessing it's alright. But the motherboard still worries me, 116 degrees celcius just does not sound right.

Yes I do also have mounting space for 3 more fans at the top of the case.

Anyways, thanks for your help. :)

avizacty

Honorable
Oct 8, 2017

I bought the case from one of my local stores and it's only available in Sweden, but here's the link for it ya. https://www.netonnet.se/art/datorkomponenter/datorchassi/tower/mission-sg-ggx-3-5-tempered-glass/240465.8976/

Again, thanks for taking time to reply.