[SOLVED] Motherboard that supports ddr3 with RGB header

Jan 23, 2021
so my current mobo is a sabertooth 990fx. I don't want to spend crazy money on new RAM, so I'd like to know if there is a motherboard out there that supports ddr3 ram, but also has an ARGB header for rgb fans, lights, etc. I haven't found anything so far.

Solution
I've never encountered one. Pretty much all the AM3+ motherboards were designed back around 2012 when that wasn't a thing. Even the number of AM3+ motherboard that had RGB lighting at all is relatively light; it was few enough that boards like the ASUS 970 Pro Gaming Aura put it in the name.

Honestly, even if such a thing does exist, it would be quite obscure and difficult to find in the secondary markets at this point. Not to mention the wisdom of dropping $150+ on an antiquated 2012 platform just to get addressable RGB headers.

DSzymborski

Titan
I've never encountered one. Pretty much all the AM3+ motherboards were designed back around 2012 when that wasn't a thing. Even the number of AM3+ motherboard that had RGB lighting at all is relatively light; it was few enough that boards like the ASUS 970 Pro Gaming Aura put it in the name.

Honestly, even if such a thing does exist, it would be quite obscure and difficult to find in the secondary markets at this point. Not to mention the wisdom of dropping $150+ on an antiquated 2012 platform just to get addressable RGB headers.

Solution
Jan 23, 2021

oh okay thank you. I bought these led lights for my case and they're all wonky. the controller doesn't work, and now my rgb fans won't change color. I might just have to go in and rewire everything