[SOLVED] Motherboard that supports Lga 1151 and lga 1155 socket?

Aug 13, 2021
Hello i have an i5 2400 and Rx 550 but i would like to have a cpu upgrade to play modern AAA games but unfortunately my motherboard doesn't support a 9th gen processor and i can't even change the motherboard and wait for some time to get the new processor cause my 2nd gen processor won't support the new board
Is there any motherboard that supports both the socket?
Or if not can you provide me any solution rather than this?

Solution
No, there are no motherboards that support both sockets. In fact, there are no motherboards that support multiple types of sockets on the same socket, at all, that I have ever seen or heard of. You will never be able to use your processor on a newer socket and you'll never be able to use a newer CPU on your existing motherboard. You will also not be able to use the same memory when and if you ever upgrade.

To upgrade to anything worth actually upgrading to, you would need a new motherboard, CPU and memory, all three.

About the only decent upgrade option you might find is to seek out an an i7 CPU from the same generation as yours. But it would have to be an extremely good deal to even be worth considering and even then the improvements...
No, there are no motherboards that support both sockets. In fact, there are no motherboards that support multiple types of sockets on the same socket, at all, that I have ever seen or heard of. You will never be able to use your processor on a newer socket and you'll never be able to use a newer CPU on your existing motherboard. You will also not be able to use the same memory when and if you ever upgrade.

To upgrade to anything worth actually upgrading to, you would need a new motherboard, CPU and memory, all three.

About the only decent upgrade option you might find is to seek out an an i7 CPU from the same generation as yours. But it would have to be an extremely good deal to even be worth considering and even then the improvements will not be all that significant.

Basically, if you want to play modern games, you need to get modern hardware.

Solution

rakibfahadgts

Reputable
Aug 4, 2018
Means i have to buy all of them new right? Ig I'll wait for it then.
One more thing
Do people still buy 2nd gen cpu and motherboard?
In my opinion you shouldn't. Let me give you an example. I had a 7th gen 7700. Sold it and bought a 10th gen 10400f. Although 10th gen one is an i5 it has 2 more cores, 4 more threads, higher clock speed, newer architecture, much much more efficient. I immediately noticed the difference (during gaming). My suggestion is to get a 11th gen i5 or zen 3 Ryzen 5 at least. If it is out of your budget trust me it is more cost efficient in the long run because with latest gen CPU you can use it for 7-8 years (although imo an optimal CPU duration at any case is 4 years and an optimal GPU duration at any case is 2 years) as you did with your old one. One more thing to consider is that windows 11 is coming. And the newer gen mobo that you are going to pair with current gen CPU will most definitely have TPM 2.0 enabled. I'd this is the perfect time to spend because DDR 5 is launching. So next gen CPU and motherboard as well as ram will be expensive. If you buy know you can happily wait out 4-5 years till ddr5 premium cuts to zero and it reaches economies of scale.

Means i have to buy all of them new right? Ig I'll wait for it then.
One more thing
Do people still buy 2nd gen cpu and motherboard?
You don't HAVE to buy them all new, but you HAVE to buy parts that are all compatible together for the same socket, and not just the same socket but you have to make sure that they are compatible even when the socket is the same because there are LGA 1151 motherboards and CPUs that are not compatible together because they are from different generations and are not compatible. So you can buy used, but buying used brings risks that are better avoided in my opinion unless you are somebody who REALLY knows what they are doing and what they are buying.

I'm sure there are some people who'd buy 2nd gen parts, but they wouldn't pay more than a pittance for them, and it would likely take a while of sitting on those parts to find somebody who wants them. Ebay and other second hand sites are littered with these old parts. Some of them work, others don't, but ALL of them are generally bad purchases because they are too old and there is no way to know if they are going to last 2 years, or two weeks, or two minutes or even if they already have an existing problem.