[SOLVED] Motherboard to be paired up with a 3700x?

Aug 11, 2019
Hi guys. I am planning on switching sides from Intel and I would like to go with a 3700x.

So far I have my eyes on a x570 ASRock Taichi and the MSI Gaming Pro Carbon.

Do you have other suggestions and why? Thanks

Last edited:
Solution
Thanks for the reply man. One of the main reasons I'm going with x570 is that I'm looking forward to be ready for the upcoming generations of GPUs.

I believe the next gen wont be AM4 compatible, but I can be wrong. But indeed the Taichi is a well capable and one of the best sub 300$ mobo, if you plan to upgrade the cpu to a 16 core in the future, you will be happy to have it.

Provin915

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2015
I'm currently looking for a motherboard too for my 3700x. What features are you looking for? Personally, I contemplate between Asus Prime X470-PRO and MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon.

If you don't need the X570 features, then the other chipsets might be better (also cheaper). However, for future-proofing X570 is pretty solid.

Thanks for the reply man. One of the main reasons I'm going with x570 is that I'm looking forward to be ready for the upcoming generations of GPUs.

I believe the next gen wont be AM4 compatible, but I can be wrong. But indeed the Taichi is a well capable and one of the best sub 300$ mobo, if you plan to upgrade the cpu to a 16 core in the future, you will be happy to have it.

Solution