Motherboard to pick i7700k

Heartyhydra

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017
What motherboard to pick
Hello my fellow master brethren im building a new pc and I need a little help on what motherboard to pick
Here a list of what's ganna be in the beast and motherboard choices at the end.
Case
CORSAIR GRAPHITE SERIES™ 780T FULL TOWER CASE CPU Intel® Core™i7-7700k , (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)Graphics Card8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 - Hard Disk2TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 3.5"Power SupplyCORSAIR 750W TXm SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD,Processor CoolingCorsair H110i Hydro Series Windows 10 Home 64

MotherboardASUS® ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO: ATX, LG1151 or Gigabyte AORUS Z270X-Gaming 7

Solution
What in the world... No SSD??

To close to call for the mobo but here we go.

Asus has better I/O support. Gb has more display ports on the mobo (not that you care). Gb also offers Quad SLI/CrossFireX (In case you lose your mind and go for a quad SLI/CrossFire) where as Asus just offers 2-Way SLI and 3-way CrossfireX.

Asus supports 7.1 audio channels where as Gb supports 5.1 channels. Asus has better audio IMO even though GB uses Creative's chip; a company known for great audio products.

Asus has better USB support and more ports than the Gb. PCI slots are pretty much the same.

Asus also has better BIOS support but Gb has better accurate/more sensors to monitor activities like Voltage detection, Temperature detection, etc..
Asus...

mbilal2

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
What in the world... No SSD??

To close to call for the mobo but here we go.

Asus has better I/O support. Gb has more display ports on the mobo (not that you care). Gb also offers Quad SLI/CrossFireX (In case you lose your mind and go for a quad SLI/CrossFire) where as Asus just offers 2-Way SLI and 3-way CrossfireX.

Asus supports 7.1 audio channels where as Gb supports 5.1 channels. Asus has better audio IMO even though GB uses Creative's chip; a company known for great audio products.

Asus has better USB support and more ports than the Gb. PCI slots are pretty much the same.

Asus also has better BIOS support but Gb has better accurate/more sensors to monitor activities like Voltage detection, Temperature detection, etc..
Asus has features like Clear CMOS button ROG Armor ROG RAMCache II ROG CloneDrive MemOK! Button Bla Bla...

I don't know what half of them do.

Good Luck making a decision. I would go for the Asus to be honest. Also who is the manufacturer of your GTX 1080?

Solution