[SOLVED] Motherboard to replace Hero VIII?

spas2k

Honorable
Oct 15, 2014
Can anyone recommend a a replacement for a Asus Hero VIII motherboard? My current motherboard will only accept one stick of ram (I get boot errors when I try to install 2 sticks of memory) so need to get a new one in order to upgrade my ram total. A new hero VIII is around 400 on new egg which is ridiculous. I need to find another board that will work with my components listed below.

Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1151
SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 2280 256GB PCI-Express 3.0
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)
Geforce 970

Any recommendations? I don't necessarily have to stick with ASUS and I don't want to go too cheap where I notice a performance difference, but I'm needing more RAM for a variety of reasons.

Thanks!

Solution
literally no board will show you any performance difference unless you are overclocking.

any z170 or z270 boards will support the cpu with overclocking ability (any the other z series goodness)
or whatever b/h series supports 6th and 7th gen.
literally no board will show you any performance difference unless you are overclocking.

any z170 or z270 boards will support the cpu with overclocking ability (any the other z series goodness)
or whatever b/h series supports 6th and 7th gen.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS