[SOLVED] Motherboard trying to use internal graphics instead of the discreet graphics card

May 1, 2022
In my BIOS, I pressed an option that said "Load Optimised Defaults". Ever since, my PC has just had a black screen whenever I try to boot it up and my monitor says no signal. I tried to swap out the graphics card for another, but the same thing happened. I used the CMOS jumper and removed my cmos battery on my motherboard to try clear it, but it didn't help. However, when I tried to use the hdmi port on my motherboard instead of my gpu, it didn't say no signal, but just didn't display anything. I am pretty sure that my motherboard is trying to use internal graphics, but the problem is that I don't have a cpu with internal graphics. Does anybody know how I can fix this.

My specs:
GTX 570 (yeah old ik)
Ryzen 3 1200
XPG Adata RAM 8gb
B450m gigabyte
600w white psu Evga non modular

Last edited:
Solution
.... I am pretty sure that my motherboard is trying to use internal graphics, but the problem is that I don't have a cpu with internal graphics. Does anybody know how I can fix this.

My specs:
GTX 570 (yeah old ik)
Ryzen 3 1200
It's not trying to use internal graphics. The monitor is probably confused when there's absolutely nothing on the motherboard port so it acts more like there's nothing hooked up instead of a GPU that's not initializing.

That's not much help though. All you can really do is try CMOS reset again...along with pulling the battery. Leave it out a while as you double/triple check all connections making sure the GPU is in the correct slot (the x16 slot closest to the CPU) and fully inserted. Make...
.... I am pretty sure that my motherboard is trying to use internal graphics, but the problem is that I don't have a cpu with internal graphics. Does anybody know how I can fix this.

My specs:
GTX 570 (yeah old ik)
Ryzen 3 1200
It's not trying to use internal graphics. The monitor is probably confused when there's absolutely nothing on the motherboard port so it acts more like there's nothing hooked up instead of a GPU that's not initializing.

That's not much help though. All you can really do is try CMOS reset again...along with pulling the battery. Leave it out a while as you double/triple check all connections making sure the GPU is in the correct slot (the x16 slot closest to the CPU) and fully inserted. Make especially sure the GPU +12v connectors are fully inserted as that's what my RX480 does when they aren't.

Last edited:
Solution
In my BIOS, I pressed an option that said "Load Optimised Defaults". Ever since, my PC has just had a black screen whenever I try to boot it up and my monitor says no signal. I tried to swap out the graphics card for another, but the same thing happened. I used the CMOS jumper and removed my cmos battery on my motherboard to try clear it, but it didn't help. However, when I tried to use the hdmi port on my motherboard instead of my gpu, it didn't say no signal, but just didn't display anything. I am pretty sure that my motherboard is trying to use internal graphics, but the problem is that I don't have a cpu with internal graphics. Does anybody know how I can fix this.

My specs:
GTX 570 (yeah old ik)
Ryzen 3 1200
XPG Adata RAM 8gb
B450m gigabyte
600w white psu Evga non modular
If you run out of stuff to try give display port a shot.