Question Motherboard turns off almost immediately

Jul 12, 2022
So I just started building my first pc and I finished plugging in everything but when I went to turn in on it turned on but and immediately turn off only shining a white-ish light for less than half a second and nothing else turns on and this is the second motherboard I’ve bought to see if it works,But dosent seem to change could I get help
Video of what happens-[https://drive.google.com/file/d/19x...BnyElhagz07kFcQA0W4wyfBxeo/view?usp=drivesdk)
Parts list
-Aorus B450 pro wifi
-Ryzen 5 5600x
-Radeon Rx 6600 mech 2x
-AGS 850w(semi modular)
-Samsung nvme 1T
-G.Skill 2x8 Ram

Also whenever I unplug the power supply from the motherboard and plug it into a tester I works fine and the fans inside the case all work just when I plug into motherboard everything stops working

If it says ''Ryzen 5000 series ready'' on the box, then yes, the 5600x will work straight from the box. You do have to be careful though, many retailers have old stock and they could still be only 3000 series ready. (Ive been caught out a couple of times.)

Jul 12, 2022
If it says ''Ryzen 5000 series ready'' on the box, then yes, the 5600x will work straight from the box. You do have to be careful though, many retailers have old stock and they could still be only 3000 series ready. (Ive been caught out a couple of times.)
Yeah when I bought it on store at micro center they said that it would work with both a 5600x and 4600g but I keep having the same problem and that why I got a new motherboard
Do you think it could be the psu because it only works when It’s plugged into a tester and works with only the case fans and as soon as a plug it into the motherboard it won’t work even if it dosent have a cpu attached

What is the make/model of your cpu cooler?
A motherboard will fail to start if it does not detect that a cooler is installed.
That is usually done via detecting that the fan connected to the cpu fan header is actually turning.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2022
Yeah when I bought it on store at micro center they said that it would work with both a 5600x and 4600g but I keep having the same problem and that why I got a new motherboard
What is the make/model of your cpu cooler?
A motherboard will fail to start if it does not detect that a cooler is installed.
That is usually done via detecting that the fan connected to the coy fan header is actually turning.
im using the cooler that came with the cpu so the stock cooler

The psu is not a great unit.
I would return it if possible:
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/aresgame-ags850-power-supply-review
Cpu testers are not useful. Yes, they can confirm a dead psu, but they say nothing about the proper operation of the unit.

Not all ram is supported by ryzen.
What is the model of your g.skil ram?
Ryzen is picky about ram. The part number should show up on the supported ram qvl list for your motherboard/cpu combo.
Or, on the g.skil list of supported ran.

A quick check on newegg shows some high negative reviews for that motherboard.
I think I would return it in favor of something different.
https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-b450-aorus-pro-wifi/p/N82E16813145082

Jul 12, 2022
Is the cooler fan plugged into the cpu fan header?
Does the fan start spinning when you power on?

If you have failed with two different motherboards, there is something else going on.
Yeah the cpu is connected to the correct place and yeah I think it could be the psu not delivering the correct watts for the whole thing