Question Motherboard update

PC Tailor

Judicious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!
(pls bare with me, I'm very new to the PC scene!)
Not a problem at all, we all start somewhere!

Just for information, a BIOS is not a driver. BIOS is firmware. Drivers are different.

The general practice for BIOS updates are, don't update them unless you NEED to or you are encountering problems that a BIOS update might help fix. They are not essential to be updated and most manufacturers will tell you also to not update unless needed.

Do you have a reason to update the BIOS? Are you trying to make it compatible with something for example?

Oct 6, 2020
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Not a problem at all, we all start somewhere!

Just for information, a BIOS is not a driver. BIOS is firmware. Drivers are different.

The general practice for BIOS updates are, don't update them unless you NEED to or you are encountering problems that a BIOS update might help fix. They are not essential to be updated and most manufacturers will tell you also to not update unless needed.

Do you have a reason to update the BIOS? Are you trying to make it compatible with something for example?
Yes as you can see from the link I have DDR4 3200 ram but in my task manager I noticed there was only 2133mhz. I was told to enable DCOP and I was just wondering if I should update the firmware for my MOBO first. Overall I'm just being over paranoid when it comes to <Mod Edit> my PC up lol but I figure its better to be safe then sorry! Thank you for the help!! It means a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

PC Tailor

Judicious
Ambassador
Yes as you can see from the link I have DDR4 3200 ram but in my task manager I noticed there was only 2133mhz. I was told to enable DCOP and I was just wondering if I should update the firmware for my MOBO first. Overall I'm just being over paranoid when it comes to <Mod Edit> my PC up lol but I figure its better to be safe then sorry! Thank you for the help!! It means a lot.
You're welcome.
Don't worry about updating firmware in this instance. :)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS