[SOLVED] Motherboard upgrade/alternative advice

robert_21

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Hello im looking for recommendations on which motherboard would be best suited for my build.

i havent had much luck with my current motherboard and ram combo so would like to try an alternative and preferably upgraded motherboard. in the price range of £250 can go slightly higher if the benefits are worth while.

my specs are:

Motherboard - Asus Strix X570-F
CPU- Amd Ryzen 9 5950x
GPU - nvidia 3090 Founders edition
Ram - 2x DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 4000MHz C16
Hard Drives - 2 x Crucial P1 1TB NVMe M.2 Performance 3D SSD + others
PSU - Seasonic Focus GX 850 gold
Cooler - Nzxt Kraken Z73

Last edited:
Solution
My bad its z73.

And where have you seen this 1.5kw psu? Everywhere I have checked recommends 850w is enough?

Bios is always the latest for the mobo.

With regards to the issue no matter what I do the ram won't run past 3200mhz without the comp crashing and reseting to default settings. Have tried using docp using the voltage following manual overclock guides. Always crashes. Read somewhere that rog and Corsair ram don't mix well so am looking to try something new.

Lutfij

Titan
GPU - nvidia 3090 Founders edition
+
PSU - Seasonic Focus GX 850
^ you're advised to work with a 1.5KW reliably built PSU to power that RTX3090.

That being said, please explain this;
i havent had much luck with my current motherboard and ram combo

What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

Cooler - Nzxt Kraken Z3
NZXT don't have a Z3 in their Kraken lineup.

robert_21

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
My bad its z73.

And where have you seen this 1.5kw psu? Everywhere I have checked recommends 850w is enough?

Bios is always the latest for the mobo.

With regards to the issue no matter what I do the ram won't run past 3200mhz without the comp crashing and reseting to default settings. Have tried using docp using the voltage following manual overclock guides. Always crashes. Read somewhere that rog and Corsair ram don't mix well so am looking to try something new.

Last edited:
Solution