Motherboard Upgrade HP Desktop Computer Pavilion 500-429

May 4, 2018
Hi, this is my first time posting here and I hope someone can help me. I have an HP Desktop Computer Pavilion 500-429. I want to upgrade the motherboard/cpu. I don't have tons of money so price is a factor. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I use it for gaming and yes I know I'll need to upgrade the PSU also. So anything that will give me decent gaming power without breaking the bank and will fit in the case is what I'm looking for. Of course if nothing fits that description I'll have to buy a case.

If what you want is to be able to do some gaming, the easiest, less expensive option you have is adding a Graphics Card (GPU). Your current motherboard would fit a GPU that doesn't require extra power cables (for example an Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti, but beware to chose a model that does not require extra power cables, as some do and some don't: check the specifications). And you would not need to buy a new motherboard/CPU/PSU. It won't make your computer a gaming PC, of course, but it will be way, way more powerful than the integrated GPU you have now, and you will be able to play modern games at decent resolution (Full HD) and decent quality settings (maybe not Ultra, but definitely Medium or High). If you need help making sure a given model would work on your PC, feel free to ask (i'm not suggesting any particular model because i don't know what store/country you would prefer). Hope it helps! :)

May 4, 2018
Well atm I am using an old GTX 645 from my Alienware I had which the mother board died on. I'm using it as an interim solution til I can get a decent rig. My computer seems SOOO slow even with the GPU. So I was thinking it was the CPU/Motherboard. Of course I could be wrong LOL, hence why I'm asking here. :)

Solution
In order to be able to play games smoothly, what is crucial is that you upgrade the Graphics Card. Of course getting a better processor, as Calvin7 suggests, would also help, but priority should be the GPU. A 1050 Ti is way, way faster than the GTX 645.