[SOLVED] Motherboard upgrade question

painessoupei

Commendable
Oct 25, 2020
I currently have a h310m-r-r2.0 and i want to get a new cpu the i7 9700k but i cant overclock it on my current motherboard
ive found a z390 m motherboard for 100e but im worried about a couple of things
i have a rx 570 rog strix 8gb i3 9100f and kingston 8x2gb ram i want to know if i can reuse them

Solution
well i was afraid that the gpu would not work/fit on the new motherboard because different slots?
i dont know much about motherboards, i bought a prebuilt pc and now ive got some cash to build my own
GPU always goes into PCIe x 16 slot which is standard on all motherboards. One size fits all.

painessoupei

Commendable
Oct 25, 2020
well i was afraid that the gpu would not work/fit on the new motherboard because different slots?
i dont know much about motherboards, i bought a prebuilt pc and now ive got some cash to build my own

KyaraM

Admirable
Nah, if the GPU fit into the PCIe slot on the old system, it will fit into the new one, too, they are universal. Only issue you could have is if it was soldered to the board, but that's only the case in laptops and stuff like the Raspberry Pi, not prebuilt desktops. I still have an old GPU from my first prebuilt desktop computer lying around, kinda as a backup but by now I have so many cards I could open up a museum, lol.

Btw, some people even bought prebuilts during the crisis, took out the GPU, and sold the rest of the system because that way the GPU was cheaper. Or sold the GPU as well separately and made a profit...