[SOLVED] Motherboard upgrade

Manuelgz

Reputable
Feb 21, 2020
Hello
I do not know mucho about componentes

I'm planing to upgrade from GigabyteB450m DS3H with a ryzen 3 2200g to a Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO WIFI with a ryzen 7 2700x for gaming

My current memory units are ADATA XPG Flame DDR4 (2400MHz),
My graphic card rx 580 which i plan to upgrade to a rx 5700
Psu is EVGA 600w

Is this a good cpu and motherboard combo

Solution
Do you really need 8c/16t? If you're doing heavy productivity stuff... sure the 2700x it's worth it.

If you're just gaming and occasionally doing work, then you should keep the motherboard and get a Ryzen 5 1600 AF... it should be a great match for your rx 5700 and you'll spend much less.

Can you post the exact model of your PSU?
That's pretty low frequency RAM you got there, but I think with some tweaking you can get it up to 2800 or even 2933 MHz.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Chipset for chipset, unless there is some specific functionality the DS3H doesn't have you don't HAVE to change the mobo for this upgrade. The Aorus has heatsinks on what are presumably better VRM, so that would matter if you are looking at OC.
As you are aware your memory speed isn't ideal but should offer no issue working for you. If that EVGA is the 600W "white" edition I would budget a decent replacement for that power hungry 2700x in comparison to 2200G and especially before a GPU upgrade.

Do you really need 8c/16t? If you're doing heavy productivity stuff... sure the 2700x it's worth it.

If you're just gaming and occasionally doing work, then you should keep the motherboard and get a Ryzen 5 1600 AF... it should be a great match for your rx 5700 and you'll spend much less.

That's pretty low frequency RAM you got there, but I think with some tweaking you can get it up to 2800 or even 2933 MHz.

Solution

Manuelgz

Reputable
Feb 21, 2020

Evga 80 + white

TRENDING THREADS