Question Motherboard upgrade

May 18, 2022
I had a question of curiosity. I wanted to upgrade my motherboard to a new model to support my current 3060. I was wondering if it would be worth it or not to do so. I’m not over clocking either. I also want to upgrade to a 3080ti but we’ll see.
current set up
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
GPU:3060
MOBO: b450 tomahawk Max

Lafong

Respectable
Gains at what tasks?

First post says "not over clocking".

Second post says "without the need of major over clocking".

Which is accurate?

What's your current cooling setup and typical temps when doing your most common tasks?

May 18, 2022
Well I just wanted to ask and see if it would benefit me to change motherboard. I don’t want to get jumped by everyone because I don’t know lol thanks for the inputs though. I have a AIO for the cpu and everything else is air cooled. 4 sticks of 8gx3200 ram(don’t ask me why I have 4 sticks, I picked up 2 more for a low price and just added it lol). I don’t want to over clock at all just to clear things up.

Well I just wanted to ask and see if it would benefit me to change motherboard. I don’t want to get jumped by everyone because I don’t know lol thanks for the inputs though. I have a AIO for the cpu and everything else is air cooled. 4 sticks of 8gx3200 ram(don’t ask me why I have 4 sticks, I picked up 2 more for a low price and just added it lol). I don’t want to over clock at all just to clear things up.
Get a decent psu and work with what you have.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
No need to consider overclocking in any aspect regarding Ryzen, it does not matter and won't really help anyway even if you did. Let Ryzen self turbo, it's all that is needed and i concur with all above. You don't need to change motherboard and you have a great chip.

Reactions: John Chesterfield

ASK THE COMMUNITY