Question Motherboard usb controller not working

Mar 21, 2020
I received discarded computer for free. I planned to use it as a replacement for my old computer. However as soon as I turned on that PC I noticed that mouse and keyboard are not working. I tried to fix it by myself, but nothing helped, so I took it to repair shop. They told me, that there is a broken usb controller. New motherboard could fix the problem, but I don't want to spend money on new motherboard, because that PC is already old. I came with idea to just buy pci usb card. Will this work in my case ? I would be cheaper fix, than buying the new motherboard.

I received discarded computer for free. I planned to use it as a replacement for my old computer. However as soon as I turned on that PC I noticed that mouse and keyboard are not working. I tried to fix it by myself, but nothing helped, so I took it to repair shop. They told me, that there is a broken usb controller. New motherboard could fix the problem, but I don't want to spend money on new motherboard, because that PC is already old. I came with idea to just buy pci usb card. Will this work in my case ? I would be cheaper fix, than buying the new motherboard.
Yes, that should work.

Reactions: matejjj