Question Motherboard warning lights cycle and pc boots up with high idle temps

Biohazard1247

Prominent
Jun 17, 2022
When i power on my pc the red light on the CPU led turns on, Fans are spinning and then the light switches to VGA, the fans slow down for a few seconds and then the light switches to BOOT and then it loads up. I’m not sure if this is normal and im also concerned about idle cpu temperatures of around 60°C when it boots up.

When i was building my pc i had an issue with a dead motherboard so i had to get a new one and after i got a new one it wouldn’t boot up straight away i had to do some fidgeting with the cooler and at one point it worked but the lights cycled like previously mentioned and I haven’t touched it since just in case it wouldn’t work again. But im here to see if this is ok or something to be concerned about and is there is a possible fix i can try.

Specs are:
Radeon RX 580 GPU
Ryzen 7 3700X CPU
Cooler is the H150i elite capellix Radiator is top mounted exhausting the air out.
Motherboard is the b550 tomahawk
Case is the Corsair 5000x with fans occupying all slots 10 total, 3 in the front intake, 3 on the top exhaust, 1 on the back exhaust and the 3 on the side are also exhaust.
Power supply i think is the MSI MPG A750GF 750W

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
When i power on my pc the red light on the CPU led turns on, Fans are spinning and then the light switches to VGA, the fans slow down for a few seconds and then the light switches to BOOT and then it loads up.
That's normal.
also concerned about idle cpu temperatures of around 60°C when it boots up.
Too much for a AIO. I dare to say you still have problem with cooler mounting (or cabling or just bad cooler).
Case is the Corsair 5000x with fans occupying all slots 10 total, 3 in the front intake, 3 on the top exhaust, 1 on the back exhaust and the 3 on the side are also exhaust.
3 intake, 7 exhaust. Not good. I would remove side fans.

TRENDING THREADS