Question Motherboard was working 24hrs ago and suddenly does not :(

Feb 8, 2020
My motherboard was working fine 24hrs ago, booted properly all the lights were working and what not.

ASUS ROG maximuse VIII hero
CPU intel i7 6700k

but when i turned it on this morning, it would not get to boot. ive tried reseating all cables and componants that are connected to it, tried with no ram connected, tried 1 ram stick connected, unplugged everything and tried but still nothing. ive done some googling and found that those POST lights on my motherboard are not even turning on to check the CPU and whatnot, is this is a sign the MOBO is dead?. the mobo qcode is only on 00, i read some thread somewhere it could be a bios problem so i updated the bios using bios flashback with a usb, the update went through as there was no red lights indicating it failed so i assume it worked, but it didnt fix my problem, i can upload a video of what its doing when i push the button if that helps at all, cos right now im looking at buying a new one and i just want to know if theres anything else i can do before spending money. its a

i also ran the CPU really hot (hovering around 100 degrees during hot day) not sure if that helps at all.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
My motherboard was working fine 24hrs ago, booted properly all the lights were working and what not.

ASUS ROG maximuse VIII hero
CPU intel i7 6700k

but when i turned it on this morning, it would not get to boot. ive tried reseating all cables and componants that are connected to it, tried with no ram connected, tried 1 ram stick connected, unplugged everything and tried but still nothing. ive done some googling and found that those POST lights on my motherboard are not even turning on to check the CPU and whatnot, is this is a sign the MOBO is dead?. the mobo qcode is only on 00, i read some thread somewhere it could be a bios problem so i updated the bios using bios flashback with a usb, the update went through as there was no red lights indicating it failed so i assume it worked, but it didnt fix my problem, i can upload a video of what its doing when i push the button if that helps at all, cos right now im looking at buying a new one and i just want to know if theres anything else i can do before spending money. its a

i also ran the CPU really hot (hovering around 100 degrees during hot day) not sure if that helps at all.

How regularly were you doing this? If your CPU is hitting 100 degrees, there's a lot of heat in there and something has gone seriously wrong with your cooling.

Feb 8, 2020
How regularly were you doing this? If your CPU is hitting 100 degrees, there's a lot of heat in there and something has gone seriously wrong with your cooling.

not often at all. this is probably the second time in a few years since i bought and installed the cpu.

but it was for an hour or so, afaik, the pc would bluescreen to prevent damage to the cpu if it persisted for too long but that didnt happen so i assumed that no damage was done.

i bought a new cmos battery as i read somewhere that it could be the cmos battery being flat thats preventing the pc from turning on, at this point im grasping at straws but rapidly coming to the possibility the my motherboard is broke and i need a new one. but i got win7 so its gonna be expensive upgrading xD