[SOLVED] Motherboard white LEDs turn on while booting up but PC works fine ?

May 9, 2022
When i boot up my pc every LED on motherboard lights up one by one then turns off till the pc gets boot up, also monitor shows no signal for a second and then shows dp signal the next second then it boots up fine. Is this normal or something to worry about ?
It didn't happen before but i feel like after installing Windows 11 this thing is happening and I don't know why ?

Solution
CPU : Ryzen 5 3600

Motherboard: Msi b550 A-pro

Ram: Corsair vengeance pro 8x2 3000mhz

SSD/HDD: Wd 240 gb ssd / 1tb hdd

GPU: Rtx 3070

PSU: Gigabyte b700h

Chassis:

Monitor: Benq Ex2510

So its nothing to worry about right ?
Normal Behavior on my MSi board too. I enabled Slow memory training since i do OC my ram with some tight subtimings, so the sequence from cold boot is Red then quickly Yellow and stays there for a while (memory training), then white, and the LED turned off after windows is loaded (start to loading on logo).

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information from your end. When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Often times the LED's going off one by one would indicate that the diagnostic check on said hardware was finished without an issue.

May 9, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information from your end. When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Often times the LED's going off one by one would indicate that the diagnostic check on said hardware was finished without an issue.

Chassis:

When i boot up my pc every LED on motherboard lights up one by one then turns off till the pc gets boot up, also monitor shows no signal for a second and then shows dp signal the next second then it boots up fine. Is this normal or something to worry about ?
It didn't happen before but i feel like after installing Windows 11 this thing is happening and I don't know why ?
Without knowing exactly which LED's you're seeing light in turn...

Many motherboards have troubleshooting LED's that will light in turn as the BIOS is running through POST during startup. Usually there are four...one for CPU, one for memory, one for the GPU and one for 'boot' or an OS boot partition on a drive. If it ever fails to boot it should stay on the one that failed to POST and you'll have an idea where the problem is.

So while it seems perfectly normal to do that it's a bit perplexing why you didn't see it before but you do now, after installing Windows 11. Maybe it's just because the new OS makes you a bit more observant?

Last edited:
Reactions: KyaraM

Chassis:

Normal Behavior on my MSi board too. I enabled Slow memory training since i do OC my ram with some tight subtimings, so the sequence from cold boot is Red then quickly Yellow and stays there for a while (memory training), then white, and the LED turned off after windows is loaded (start to loading on logo).

Solution