Motherboard will not boot.

Cpalmer

Honorable
Sep 28, 2013
I have a mobo that literally boots for 1/4 of a second. I thought it was the PSU so I changed it from a Corsair HX 750w to a 900w PSU and I still have the same problem. I know I have all the connections in the right place because I brought it to a technician and still got the same results with everything in place. The motherboard is fully grounded to the case. So after changing the PSU I thought it was the mobo, sent it back got a new one and still the same problem. Changed the PSU, still no results. Took the GPU and RAM out also and no results. When I plug in the power chord all the Led lights on the mobo light up perfectly fine. The processor is compatible with the mobo (z87 msi Mpower max, intel i7 4770k Haswell). I'm just curious now if the problem maybe the the processor now considering I've tried everything to my knowledge. I sent the processor back for a new one. I'm currently waiting for the i7 to come in the mail now.

Any ideas of what else it maybe? Anything could help at this point.

Corsair HX 750w
Gskill 16gb RAM
Gforce GTX 680 2gb
Western digital 500gb HD
Msi Z87 Mpower max
I7 4770k haswell

Also, to further debunk that it's not the PSU it's worked with my previous mobo and I purchased it in January 2013.

Thanks, cor

Cpalmer

Honorable
Sep 28, 2013
okay, I'll let you know what happens when I receive the CPU. Thanks a bunch.