Question Motherboard will not post after installing NIC

Jan 13, 2021
Hello. I have an ASRock G41M-VS3 motherboard and I installed a gigabit NIC on that motherboard using the PCI-e x16 slot on the motherboard. The NIC uses PCI-e x1 but the motherboard has x16. The first time I tried the card, it works as intended. The next day, the system locks up and I had to do a force restart. After turning on the computer again, I got no display with the card installed. However, the computer booted normally without the card.

System Specs:
ASRock G41M-VS3
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00 GHz
4 GB DDR3 (2x 2 GB)
Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller (PCI-e x1)

Any ways to fix this issue? (sorry for the bad english)

Lutfij

Titan
Perhaps a link to it would be of better value to us. Can you remove the NIC, then go into BIOS and see what your BIOS version is at the time of writing? Also, you forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age. Did you also disable the NIC that's built into your motherboard, in BIOS? Speaking of NIC's, what sort of a speeds are you paying for from your ISP?

Jan 13, 2021
Perhaps a link to it would be of better value to us. Can you remove the NIC, then go into BIOS and see what your BIOS version is at the time of writing? Also, you forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age. Did you also disable the NIC that's built into your motherboard, in BIOS? Speaking of NIC's, what sort of a speeds are you paying for from your ISP?

BIOS Version/Date is American Megatrends Inc. P1.20, 5/31/2010
SMBIOS Version is 2.5

The power supply is Advance V-2130 450 watts and its about 2-3 years old
I tried disabling the NIC that's built into my motherboard but motherboard still will not post
I paid for around 20-30 mbps from my ISP. I use gigabit networking for local area network only.

Note: I tried applying default settings on the BIOS and it still didn't post, I even went to take out the CMOS battery, but still, the motherboard won't post with the NIC installed.