Question Motherboard Will Not Utilize Dual Channel

Jun 2, 2023
Hey guys, ran into this issue today after having accidentally bent two or three pins on my 5900X, I bent the pins back straight, being extra cautious to not snap off any pins or leave them somewhat folded over. After realigning the pins, I seated it into the motherboard, mounted the cooler, and reseated my ram modules in the A2 and B2 slots, this is dual channel for my motherboard, Asus Tuf Gaming Wifi Plus X570 board updated to latest BIOS rev 4602. After pushing the power button, I realized it was stuck with the debug light on the DRAM. I pulled the ram sticks out, and proceeded to place only one at the farthest right slot, booted perfectly fine. Tested the slot next to that one, booted just fine. The first two memory slots on the far left, however, did not give me a post at all and kept the DRAM light on. My ethernet port on the motherboard also did not work, my question to you guys is, is this the CPU's fault? Or could it be the motherboards fault? I purchased the motherboard second hand and realized the first day the lan port never worked, I am starting to assume my motherboard went bad as the CPU never had an issue before. I was going to do a quick test using a 5600G cpu I have laying around to see if the dual channel worked but wanted some input from experts on here before I go crazy looking for another motherboard. Thanks in advanced.

If the CPU pins would have been intact, you could have blamed the motherboard. If the motherboard would have been without any issues, you could have blamed the CPU. Here both are not intact, so unless you test with one intact and functioning component with the other, you will never know.
It can be either but from the look of it, it could be the board.

Jun 2, 2023
If the CPU pins would have been intact, you could have blamed the motherboard. If the motherboard would have been without any issues, you could have blamed the CPU. Here both are not intact, so unless you test with one intact and functioning component with the other, you will never know.
It can be either but from the look of it, it could be the board.
Update on the situation, I took the cpu and placed it in a spare b450 mobo I had there, posted perfectly fine in dual channel, but I did not test using my ram modules. Ended up getting a new motherboard and hoping this was the reason my AIO died randomly after a day of use. Learned a valuable lesson as well, never purchase secondhand motherboards.

Update on the situation, I took the cpu and placed it in a spare b450 mobo I had there, posted perfectly fine in dual channel, but I did not test using my ram modules. Ended up getting a new motherboard and hoping this was the reason my AIO died randomly after a day of use. Learned a valuable lesson as well, never purchase secondhand motherboards.
Yeah, used boards are usually no good unless you can test them first.