[SOLVED] Motherboard with compatible socket

danielklabukov

Prominent
Jan 2, 2019
So Ive got this ASUS desktop PC with a strange motherboard I cant find in internet.
It got H81-K/K31ADE/DP written on it, but it isnt the H81-K. Yesterday I recieved a Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 as a giftbut after putting it in I realised that there is no 6x2 PCIe socket cable, which means the graphic card isnt working (tha fan spins when I turn on pc, but it doesnt show up in the settings). So I decided to buy a PSU and found one just to find out my motherboard has no 24x socket for the PSU.

So the question is: What motherboard would be compatible with my i3-4170 core as well as the PSU.
Also: Im trying to stay economic as I dont have so much money, tell me anything cheapest that would be enaugh for this or what you think is the best.

Solution
Any motherboard with a 24-pin power connector and LGA1150 socket would be compatible with the two. A search via amazon or ebay of " LGA1150 motherboard" will bring back a bunch of results - the best i could find was a motherboard around 80 dollars canadian if you wanted to go with something that looked half decent that would last a while. Respectively pick ATX or mini/micro ATX based on the size of your case or specific needs.

Tumeden

Honorable
Oct 15, 2016
Any motherboard with a 24-pin power connector and LGA1150 socket would be compatible with the two. A search via amazon or ebay of " LGA1150 motherboard" will bring back a bunch of results - the best i could find was a motherboard around 80 dollars canadian if you wanted to go with something that looked half decent that would last a while. Respectively pick ATX or mini/micro ATX based on the size of your case or specific needs.

Solution
It appears to need BIOS version 1003 or higher. You may need to use the BIOS update tool for Intel 4th Gen Core Processors and then update the BIOS using that tool with a CPU that works with a lower number BIOS version.
https://www.asus.com/ae-en/Motherboards/H81MK/HelpDesk_CPU/