Motherboard with g skill ddr4 3333

speedo5

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2007
I am looking for a motherboard to go with a good set of rams.

Would MSI X99S Gaming 7 ATX  or MSI X99S Gaming 9 be good choices for the g skill ddr4 3333 set?
Thank you

Solution
Yea, but most issues are a matter of user knowledge. With all possible issues, it is undeniably still one of the best motherboards, and we have great results with it. And of course if you have any problems, we can surely help solve it. :)

davidarad02

Admirable
why such high speed memory? so expensive with no gaming performance benefit...
anyway, between the 2 you suggested, the 9 variant has more features, like the new USB 3.1 standard. if you have the extra cash (which is guess you have because your spending 750 bucks on 16GB of memory), get the 9 variant.

speedo5

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2007
Thank you
I am planning to edit videos, from my animation project and gopro recordings. I decided to invest in a good PC that will last me some time, my Phenom II x4 is showing its age with some programs and work (as much as I love it).

But can confirm the rams will work with either of the motherboards?

davidarad02

Admirable
it will work with both, but dont expect much OC headroom on the RAM.
anyway, even if you want to render videos, high speed memory is not beneficial beyond 2666MHz. even 2400MHz is fine. you can get a cheaper 2400 that costs about a third of the ram you are looking at, and get a better CPU. like, if you are planning on getting the 5930k, you can get the 5960x.

speedo5

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2007
Thank you very much.
I might have been feeling the need for more speed on my PC that I looked for higher end parts. But even if I type this, I am afraid that I will later regret if I learn that my PC could have ran better.

As a CPU, I was thinking of getting 5920k, I'll have one GPU and maybe a second much later.