cityhunter357

Prominent
Nov 13, 2020
Hello guys, I have an old mobo MSI K9n6sgm-v . Athlon 64 dual core 4200+ processor. 4gb ram.
I had installed and running on win 64bit a graphic card gts 8600.
From day to night video was off. Since I could hear, window was running...so I tough 2 things...card slot may be dirty or card died. I clean it an try again with no result. I tough it was dead until I test it on another pc and it worked there. So the slot was busted!. I keep using that pc with the on board graphics until one day started to show like scan lines wile I was watching a video. This lines shows every time that there is movement on the screen. For example wen I move a window around , play games, videos etc. I've try ed everything. Refresh rates, bios reset, all drivers updated and even downgraded. And others OS. nothing fix it. No capacitors swollen or leaking, I don't know what else to try. Even psu .any ideas? How can I test the pci express slot to see if working or wich pin is the voltaje and such?

Well, given the fact that your board and processor are 17 years old it's not surprising you have a motherboard issue. Most motherboards have about a five to ten year life expectancy so you are WELL beyond that. It really doesn't matter what exactly is wrong with the board, because it's not fixable by a normal user in any case. Not working is not working regardless of the reason. Since the problem is graphics related and the x16 PCI slot as well as the integrated graphics both seem to not work it's likely there is simply an age related failure of the PCIe bus system on the board or CPU.

It is probably just time to move on from this extremely old hardware.