[SOLVED] Motherboard with no wi fi adapter

rld_gh0st

Commendable
Aug 27, 2017
Hey folks, first of all i should say that i am rookie when it comes to PCs. So for that reason, i bought a prebuilt from a local vendor(you choose the parts and they build it). I've done some research while i am waiting for the pc to arrive and found out that the motherboard (Rog strix z390 F) does not come with wifi.
So my question is, what can i do to get good wifi for gaming? ( i am not far from the router and my current pc does fine while gaming on wifi, however i can't really use ethernet as i have to run the cable through 2 doors and block the hallway.)
I have read that i can get an usb adapter, but those aren't excellent for my intentions, or a pci-e wifi card. I only have one gpu, so i think i have a free pci slot for that.( pls let me know if this is right).
If you agree with the card option, do you recommend anything?
Thanks in advance!

Solution
Does your previous motherboard have WiFi built in to it, or does that have a PCI adapter/USB card. If the latter, then you could simply use that in the new one.
And yes, your PC has multiple free PCIE slots, so you can get one if you need. Make sure you get a PCI-E one, and not the old PCI.
Does your previous motherboard have WiFi built in to it, or does that have a PCI adapter/USB card. If the latter, then you could simply use that in the new one.
And yes, your PC has multiple free PCIE slots, so you can get one if you need. Make sure you get a PCI-E one, and not the old PCI.

Solution

rld_gh0st

Commendable
Aug 27, 2017
Ok, thank you. And yes, the old one has built in wifi. Cheers mate!

Reactions: ConanLock