[SOLVED] Motherboard won’t post on my monitor.

Sinxph

Reputable
Jan 16, 2017
I have a crosshair vii hero motherboard. I hooked everything up on my motherboard box and everything is working. lights are on, fans spinning. Nothing on the monitor though even though my gpu is hooked up and my display port cable is in it. It keeps getting the code ‘02’ while booting up. I honestly don’t know what’s wrong. I have just flashed the bios with the new driver for the 3000 series chips and I don’t have a windows installed on my hard drive yet.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
DP is touchy at times, if the prongs don't make a solid contact, where the cable doesn't pull out easily, you'll get no signal. Sometimes cases or slight miss-alignment of the gpu can cause this, cable feels like its fully plugged in and seated, but isn't.

Sinxph

Reputable
Jan 16, 2017
DP is touchy at times, if the prongs don't make a solid contact, where the cable doesn't pull out easily, you'll get no signal. Sometimes cases or slight miss-alignment of the gpu can cause this, cable feels like its fully plugged in and seated, but isn't.
I made sure it was plugged in all the way but I think the problem was that the computer didn't have my gpu driver for it yet? idk if that's a thing but the gpu and everything else was working but the displayport wasn't. Once I updated my drivers for my gpu, it started working

TRENDING THREADS