[SOLVED] Motherboard won’t read my graphics card

Mar 27, 2020
I had build my first computer and it worked fine for about a day then upon restarting it wouldn’t boot randomly. My motherboard says it isn’t reading VGA in the error leds. I thought the problem was my graphics card so I got a replacement just to fine the same issue. My graphics card turns on with leds and fans for about 10 seconds then turns off (rest of the computer is on)
My specs are
Amd Ryzen 5 3600
MSU Gtx 1660 ti
Corsair vengeance 2 x 8 3000mhz dd4 ram
gigabyte b450 auros elite
650 watt power supply from evga
nzxt 510 case

Last edited:
Solution
Have you tried installing the GPU into a different PCI-E slot? The PSU or the motherboard are the prime suspects here. Could also be a bent CPU pin.
Mar 27, 2020
Do you have your GPU drivers downloaded? If not go to https://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers . Enter your gpu series and model in Manual Driver Search (16 series, GTX 1660 Ti). Press Start Search. Go to Results, and press on the latest driver version (Can check by date). Press Download. If it says Download GeForce Experience, check the box, because you can record game play and download new drivers in the future. Press Express Installation.

There might have a mistake about the steps, but that is how you should download a driver. I also might be wrong, maybe you have your drivers already downloaded.

Mar 27, 2020
Do you have your GPU drivers downloaded? If not go to https://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers . Enter your gpu series and model in Manual Driver Search (16 series, GTX 1660 Ti). Press Start Search. Go to Results, and press on the latest driver version (Can check by date). Press Download. If it says Download GeForce Experience, check the box, because you can record game play and download new drivers in the future. Press Express Installation.

There might have a mistake about the steps, but that is how you should download a driver. I also might be wrong, maybe you have your drivers already downloaded.