Motherboard won't boot ~ code bF PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!!

hbazzi1241

Prominent
Nov 25, 2017
Hello, I just put together my pc, and my motherboard is having issues booting off the SAD. Before I go in detail with my issue, my specs are as follows:

Asus ROG Rampage V Edition 10 motherboard

Intel 5820k

Hyperx fury 16gb ddr4

MSI R9 390

Samsung 950 pro 512GB M.2

WD Black 1TB (empty)

Thermaltake floe riing 360 TT Watercooler

Seasonic 750W 80 plus platinum.

The first time I booted my pc, it told me to press F1 to enter setup. I booted off my windows USB, installed Windows to my SSD, and things went smooth up until this point. Now everytime i try booting up my pc, I get some error code bF on my motherboard, and my pc just shuts off. The only way I'm able to successfully boot is through safeboot, then by entering the bios and boot overriding to my SSD. And at times my SSD doesn't even show up under the override or priorities. I have tried many things, including changing the onboard configuration to M.2, changing everything to UEFI, setting my SSD to the first Priority, and none of those seemed to work. I appreciate the help, thank you! I have also attached a link to the photos of the issues, I posted them on Twitter

https://twitter.com/H_Bazzi23/status/976295440218914817

Solution
There is some sort of issue with the memory. It could be your choice of memory, the memory speed or memory BIOS settings. HyperX FURY DDR4 automatically overclocks itself to the highest published frequency, up to 3466MHz, for Plug N Play performance. Using too aggressive memory speeds is a likely cause. You may want to try using DDR4-2133MHz memory.
There is some sort of issue with the memory. It could be your choice of memory, the memory speed or memory BIOS settings. HyperX FURY DDR4 automatically overclocks itself to the highest published frequency, up to 3466MHz, for Plug N Play performance. Using too aggressive memory speeds is a likely cause. You may want to try using DDR4-2133MHz memory.

Solution

hbazzi1241

Prominent
Nov 25, 2017
You were completely right. I noticed that my dram frequency was set to over 3000 when my ram is 2400, I then switched the AI tweaker to manual and switched my dram frequency back to 2400 and it worked. Thanks!