[SOLVED] Motherboard won't boot; constant beeps/reset

Aug 18, 2020
Hello! I'm Rick, a retired sailor. I have two systems; one is not coming together for me.

I have a GigaByte GA-Z87X-OC motherboard, an Intel Core i5-4690 cpu under a CoolerMaster V8 air-radiator, and 4 sticks of 8Gb Hynix Server RAM(PC3-10600R 1333Mhz DDR3). I have this stuff inside an OLD AlienWare Area 51 case powered by a stable EVGA 750W power supply. There is a SATA DVD and a SADA HDD. Lastly, I have a Radeon RX570 in the PCI-16x slot.

When I smack the power-button, the cpu fan and video-card fans spin, lights come on, and I get 20-30 rapid beeps; these beeps are followed by a complete power reset. This sequence will continue as long as I keep power applied. While the beeps are irritating the bejesus out of me, the DeBug LED shows me a 15...or a 51; I don't know which!

I've made sure everything is inserted/connected as it should be. Can anyone help me out? I've worked pretty hard on this system, and I don't want to give up on it.

My other system is a Sabertooth 990FX with an AMD FX9590 cpu(liquid-cooled) and 32Gb of RAM. I have 1 SSD and 3 HDDs hooked up, along with a SoundBlaster Z and a Radeon RX580. I've powered this system with a ThermalTake 1200W power supply and it's inside a nice CoolerMaster case. Lately I've attached a USB 12-slot hub and stuffed all my old USB-drives into it. I'm trying to figure out how to make them into either a BSoD or a RAID, just for giggles.

If any of you folks can help me with my i5 system I'd appreciate it. I'm kind of stumped; I don't want to believe people sold me defective stuff, but most all of it did come from EBay...

Thanks for reading my post.

Rick

Solution
A quick look at google indicates that the motherboard may be 7 years old. I have had some computers during the years, and from personal experience I'd say expected lifetime for a consumer motherboard in regular use is about from 6 to 11 years before they fails.

For your other system, I recommend you open another thread for that as it is a separate case.

See if you find the motherboard user manual, it should at least provide the orientation of the debug led's.

Btw: How old are that 750W PSU ?
A quick look at google indicates that the motherboard may be 7 years old. I have had some computers during the years, and from personal experience I'd say expected lifetime for a consumer motherboard in regular use is about from 6 to 11 years before they fails.

For your other system, I recommend you open another thread for that as it is a separate case.

See if you find the motherboard user manual, it should at least provide the orientation of the debug led's.

Btw: How old are that 750W PSU ?

Solution