[SOLVED] Motherboard won't boot (no splash screen nor Windows)

Oct 21, 2020
So, I connected a secondary drive through SATA (SSD) into my usual workstation/gaming PC to check some files, turned on PC, it worked fine. Turned off PC, removed that SSD and attempted to turn PC on again. Now, it won't display anything at all (no splash screen, no UEFI splash, no Windows either). The led indicators are on, CPU, GPU and fans are also on, even the noise coming from PC is the usual. Though, the disk led indicator doesn't light at all, which I'm guessing means motherboard isn't reading the primary HDD, despite I didn't remove it at all.

What could be causing this? What should I try to troubleshoot? Thanks in advance.

My PC specs:
  • Ryzen 5 2400g
  • Gigabyte GTX 1650 Windforce OC 4GB
  • 8 GB RAM
  • EVGA 450W PSU (Bronze)
  • ASUS A320M-K

Solution
Never mind! I got it to show video signal. I'm right now seeing ASUS splash and the loading dots.

Oh man... It's back at Windows!

Alright, I'll check it again with my regular GPU.

Note: I took off the circular battery from motherboard for around a minute and reinserted it, then turned on PC. Not sure if this had anything to do.
Probably that was the next step i was goimg to.give you. Reseting the bios sometimes corrects memory errors
So, I connected a secondary drive through SATA (SSD) into my usual workstation/gaming PC to check some files, turned on PC, it worked fine. Turned off PC, removed that SSD and attempted to turn PC on again. Now, it won't display anything at all (no splash screen, no UEFI splash, no Windows either). The led indicators are on, CPU, GPU and fans are also on, even the noise coming from PC is the usual. Though, the disk led indicator doesn't light at all, which I'm guessing means motherboard isn't reading the primary HDD, despite I didn't remove it at all.

What could be causing this? What should I try to troubleshoot? Thanks in advance.

My PC specs:
  • Ryzen 5 2400g
  • Gigabyte GTX 1650 Windforce OC 4GB
  • 8 GB RAM
  • EVGA 450W PSU (Bronze)
  • ASUS A320M-K
You made sure to unplugg the extra sata cable? and did you you try make sure you didn't knock the power the the gpu loose well messing around the inside of the case?

Oct 21, 2020
You made sure to unplugg the extra sata cable? and did you you try make sure you didn't knock the power the the gpu loose well messing around the inside of the case?
Thank you for the so quick reply.

Yes, I made sure to unplug the extra SATA cable, as of the GPU power, I'll check in the morning (it's 1 am). Though, if I recall correctly, all I had to plug in when installing the GPU was the card itself into the PCI Express port (no extra power cable required).

Oct 21, 2020
Update: reconnected most wires, it's now reading/writing HDD (LED indicator is on) and HDD itself is making sound.

Tried using my Vega integrated graphics and get no video signal yet.

Oct 21, 2020
Never mind! I got it to show video signal. I'm right now seeing ASUS splash and the loading dots.

Note: I took off the circular battery from motherboard for around a minute and reinserted it, then turned on PC. Not sure if this had anything to do.

Probably that was the next step i was goimg to.give you. Reseting the bios sometimes corrects memory errors

Solution
Oct 21, 2020
Ah haha. Thank you (and everyone too) for the help! I'm so glad it's now working because I have several assigments to turn in tomorrow.

Seeing it positively, I have just learned what to look for in similar situations that I may come across later in the future.

Again, thank you so much!

Reactions: white.a.drew